Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Miney E. Thomas

Miney E. Thomas
Was Borned November
The 28th 1886
Died July The 24th 1887


I took this photograph on January 28, 2011.  This stone is in the New Nance Family Cemetery located at the end of Meggs Road, New Salem, Union County, NC.  The location is marked in the below Google map.  Unfortunately, I do not know anything about Miney other than what is recorded on the stone. 

                                                                 View New Nance Family Cemetery in a larger map

I love Google Maps and Google Earth.  I can pinpoint with a place marker exactly where a cemetery is located.  It is interesting to view these on the map, and see how close these small cemeteries are to each other.  As this blog, and my search for the grave site of Joseph Stewart progresses, I will display a map with multiple sites indicated.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment